Connor Eby is a recent graduate of Cairn University, majoring in Business Administration; there he obtained both his Bachelors and Masters degree. He was selected as a leader for the business club, Enactus. Connor’s duties included designing and presenting the media for his chapter to be used in the national competition. Other tasks included the organization of resources (Personnel and Finances) to fund and launch a profit generating business, organizing charity events and leading educational programs. Connor also was the captain of his NCAA soccer team in which he assisted with the transition of leadership in the athletic department.
Connor had internships in the insurance and construction industries which assisted in financing his education. He worked as a sales intern for State Farm, responsible for inbound customer service and outbound sales tasks. Part of his job included developing a marketing strategy and standardizing it for the agent’s sales team. He was also contracted at a construction company, accountable for service and customer callbacks. Furthermore, He worked on a sales team responsible for agent supported sales and product questions. His extensive product knowledge allowed him to assist agents in selling thousands of dollars of premium and worked directly with end users.
Recent Projects Include:
- Led a team in developing a flexible process improvement model for a local thrift store. He leveraged DMAIC principles to measure inefficiencies. Used Lean and Sigma tools to reorganize their donation intake and clothes processing areas. Presented and delivered suggestions directly to the client for review.
- Studied and updated the standardizations of a local agent’s renters insurance marketing practices. Engaged clients and team members to source information and best methods.
- Designed and presented the media for a national competition between universities across the nation. Showcased the chapter’s programs and initiatives through the presentation.
- Wrote a case study on the role of customer driven M&A activities of large corporations. Focused on the customer as a resource and developing consumer driven changes in an organization.
- Generated a publishable study on an international restaurant’s growth plan, including key marketing and operational decisions. Conducted interviews with stakeholders to develop reasoning behind important strategic decisions.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Cairn University
- MBA, Cairn University, 3.72 GPA
- Sigma Yellow belt
In the Community:
Connor has organized and participated in Operation Christmas Child collections netting over 500 boxes. He was also on the leadership team for a local food drive, Let’s Can Hunger, which brought in hundreds of donated items. He has developed workplace training and networking for underprivileged individuals on how to engage during interviews. Also, he has served at several churches by volunteering for events and programs.
Lean Six Sigma