Challenge + Opportunity
Following the creation of the Global Services IT Development Shared Services group, the organization doubled its size in 24 months. As expected, this exponential growth exposed numerous gaps. It was evident that certain processes were incapable of scaling to the demands of the new organization. Roles and responsibilities were vague, Demand Intake and Fulfillment processes were fractured, and there was little to no alignment of processes with the industry standard Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC) framework. To achieve their mission of delivering world-class services to the business units, the Global Services organization was in desperate need of an end-to-end holistic operations model.
Approach + Solution
TayganPoint was acutely aware of the urgency associated with recognizing immediate process improvement. Leveraging process improvement methodology, the approach to address the needs included:
- Facilitating a workshop to examine the “As-Is” state, identify the most obvious pain points to address, and create a future state operating model aligned with SDLCs.
- Training SWAT teams of key individuals to work on specific targeted core process improvements. They met regularly always keeping their eye on the ultimate goal of an end-to-end holistic operations model that strongly aligned with the SDLC.
- As improvements were made, careful attention was paid to clarity of roles and responsibility to ensure smooth transition to the new operations model.
Results + Impact
When TayganPoint completed their engagement with the Client’s Global Services operations group it had addressed five critical business needs:
- Determination of vital processes in need of process improvement.
- Improvement to process areas that reduced cycle time for providing statements of work (SOW) and initiating projects, greatly enhancing internal customer satisfaction.
- Examination and definition of roles and responsibilities, creating efficiency and eliminating redundancy.
- Improved alignment between supporting Business Processes and SDLC guidelines.
- Defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) allowing for the ongoing tracking and measurement of process performance.
TayganPoint is a management consulting firm focused on dynamic business transformation. Aligning people, process, culture and technology, they combine deep experience in strategy alignment, process improvement, change management and program management with extensive industry knowledge in Life Science, Financial Services, Healthcare and Energy. TayganPoint delivers high value operations solutions that improve performance, delivering measurable and sustainable results to clients. Learn more at www.tayganpoint.com.