TayganPoint is seeking a highly motivated DIRECTOR OF NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT as we expand our expertise within the Life Science industry.
Focusing on the NYC to Washington corridor, you will join a growth-oriented team of senior-level consultants that are passionate about results, and help our clients “Make Strategy Happen”.
The Director of Business Development (DBD) role is accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets. The DBD must have an entrepreneurial spirit and relevant industry experience along with strong relationship management skills. Ideally, the candidate will have a significant level of relationship and business development experience and a proven track record selling professional services, particularly management consulting, into global Life Sciences companies.
The candidate will understand how to develop an integrated sales plan that targets global pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. The DBD is responsible for identifying and engaging on strategic opportunities, developing new clients, and driving new capabilities into target accounts. The DBD is expected to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of TayganPoint’s offerings and services, financial drivers and imperatives, and develop and maintain relationships that benefit TayganPoint.
- Develop and sustain TayganPoint client relationships through market-facing activities. This includes participation in industry associations, boards, conferences, presentations, meetings, business networking and other events as appropriate.
- Develop, build, and grow relationships and close business with both new and existing pharmaceutical clients
- Support client delivery and business development teams in building relationships with client decision makers and key influencers
- Consistent with TayganPoint revenue, profit and procurement policies and guidelines, shape opportunities within clients
- Identify and qualify specific sales opportunities and effectively transition the opportunities to appropriate individuals and teams within TayganPoint. Focus is on originating profitable opportunities that can be successfully closed and delivered
- Maintain all related opportunity data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (CRM)
- Understand and stay current with competitors’ strengths and weaknesses in the account and growth platform marketplace. Be able to articulate and ensure that clients and prospects understand TayganPoint’s competitive advantage
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and PR, develop strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
- Identify and influence key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assist with all administrative tasks necessary to win new clients, including, but not limited to CRM, client vendor systems, etc.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales quotas while contributing to the larger business development and marketing effort of the team.
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Poise, executive presence and highly A strong background in crafting and delivering proposals is also a requirement
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Experience selling professional services into Life Science companies.
- Experience managing existing accounts as well as driving opportunities and revenue from new accounts
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with all levels of client management including C level
- Credibility and authenticity to drive future business opportunities
- Extensive success both leading and assisting the development of service offering proposals
- Exceptional negotiation skills and a track record of closing business
- 10+ years of experience selling management consulting services within the Life Sciences industry
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop credibility and relationships quickly
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, and MBA is a plus
Please contact Adam Berman, Senior Director of Talent Management, TayganPoint Consulting Group. firstname.lastname@example.org 215.302.2500