The Client is a New Jersey-based, global diversified healthcare company. As one of the leading manufacturers and service providers in the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device & diagnostic markets, the Client embraces science and research, creating innovative ideas, products and services that advance the health and well-being of over a billion people world-wide, every day.
Challenge + Opportunity
The client was facing the final and perhaps most complicated and resource-demanding integration phase. In order to optimize the acquisition, the IT infrastructure at one third of the locations needed to be upgraded at the foundational level with new network equipment and/or upgraded circuits and then fully integrated in order to facilitate business growth and operational efficiencies. The acquired company had manufacturing, distribution, management and commercial presence in 48 countries in every region of the world. The project incorporated almost 200 sites/campuses ranging in size from a handful to several hundred employees with comparably diverse IT infrastructure.
The program office to manage the integration had been formed and was on the verge of moving from strategy to realization. Nonetheless, the team was challenged with regard to operational focus and change management strategy in an environment where “integration fatigue” had set in and skepticism was the norm. TayganPoint was engaged to prepare and deliver a more disciplined project approach and to underpin the entire effort with a robust change management and communications strategy and resource toolkit.
Approach + Solution
- Support the integration program lead with strong project management framework, tools and tactics.
- Become recognized, high-value members of the global, multi-domain, program management operation.
- Develop a stakeholder-centric approach to building a change management strategy and then reinforce it with clear, crisp, regionally sensitive, communications delivered via multiple channels.
- Manage regional communications teams leveraging centrally developed content, templates, and graphics for local customization.
Results + Impact
As a result of working with TayganPoint Consulting, the Client recognized positive and on-going impacts in significant areas of the IT Integration project:
- Alignment around program goals, and commitment to a seamless integration
- Thorough analysis of several stakeholder categories that resulted in far more targeted communications.
- Measured effectiveness in communications execution.
- Discipline around team responsibilities, accountability, reporting and deliverables.
- Became a “trusted advisor” and guided the program leader in a challenging environment on political nuances and coordination of senior decision input
TayganPoint is a management consulting firm focused on dynamic business transformation. Aligning people, process, culture and technology, they combine deep experience in strategy alignment, process improvement, change management and program management with extensive industry knowledge in Life Science, Financial Services, Healthcare and Energy. TayganPoint delivers high value operations solutions that improve performance, delivering measurable and sustainable results to clients. Learn more at www.tayganpoint.com.