A knowledgeable and versatile leader with over twenty five years of experience in process improvement and operational excellence using Lean Six Sigma techniques across multiple industries. Neil Conroy’s areas of expertise include business transformation strategy and implementation, business process improvement, program management and change management.
Neil’s career path began at Nissan Motor Manufacturing where he learned the fundamentals of Lean Production and Continuous Improvement (Kaizen). He moved to Johnson & Johnson where he advanced through Process Excellence roles of increasing responsibility. Neil has initiated and led organization-wide improvement programs in complex manufacturing and R&D settings. Neil believes in the value of talent development and servant leadership having trained, mentored and coached dozens of colleagues in process improvement, many of which went on to become Lean Six Sigma certified.
Recent Projects Include:
- Led the formation of the Business Transformation Office and initiation of the Lean Six Sigma program for a fast-paced clinical software provider to top pharmaceutical companies.
- Developed and led the redesign of Governance and Risk Management for the CMC process of a large pharmaceutical company.
- Program Lead for a redesign of early stage pharmaceutical process development which significantly reduced lead time and improved capability and capacity.
- Headed the Process Excellence function at a major biopharmaceutical manufacturing site where he spearheaded the implementation of a Lean Production System and developed a Transformation Roadmap to take the facility into the future.
- Initiated process integration and change management activities supporting the restructuring of R&D functions within a Top 5 global pharmaceutical company.
- Directed a multi-year program aimed at expanding production capacity at a large biopharmaceutical production facility.
- Developed the strategy and led the roll out of Lean and Continuous Improvement within R&D functions of a major pharmaceutical company.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- S. in Industrial Engineering, Rutgers University, College of Engineering
- S. in Organizational Dynamics, University of Pennsylvania, College of Arts and Sciences
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification- Johnson & Johnson
- Neil has spoken and written on the topics of Lean Transformation and Change Management in the Pharmaceutical Industry. In 2016 he spoke at the 9th Annual Lean and Six Sigma Life Sciences Summit on “The art of using Lean and IT to enhance data and information flow in drug development”, and in 2008 he spoke on “Lean in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing” at the Parenteral Drug Association Conference.
- Neil’s Master’s Thesis was “An Idealized Design for a Networked Change Approach in a Pharmaceutical R&D Organization”.
In the Community:
Neil volunteers at the Brandywine SPCA. He’s also an avid cycler and through his love of cycling has participated in numerous charity rides including the Tour de Cure for the American Diabetes Association and the Million Dollar Ride for Penn’s Orphan Disease Center.
Operational Excellence Strategy Development
Lean Manufacturing and Product Development
Policy Deployment & Performance Metrics