Shared Services & Outsourcing
Companies in many industries face pressure to reduce costs, improve productivity and compliance, or find new sources of revenue. Establishing Shared Services & Outsourcing for select activities is a key enabler to address these pressures.
In our experience, there is no silver bullet or one right answer. TayganPoint’s many years of experience in Shared Services & Outsourcing, and engagement with numerous F100 companies across multiple industries has allowed us to excel in this area. We’ve learned that the best solutions are pragmatic and tailored to real business needs.
From strategy to implementation, our holistic approach to people, process, culture and technology accelerates your business benefits.
We optimize your operating model.
- Have you considered Shared Services & Outsourcing? What functions and operating capabilities are needed?
- Is single or multi-function Shared Services best for your organization?
- Where should you start? How do you develop the vision, mission, goals and outcome measures for a Shared Services & Outsourcing environment?
- Have you considered strategic alternatives and effective scenario planning?
Business Case Development
- Have you developed an achievable business case?
- Do you have a benefits realization strategy?
- Are protocols in place to assess existing processes?
- Can you better prioritize opportunities to realize the best returns?
Operating Model Design & Implementation
- What are the elements of a well-functioning Shared Services & Outsourcing operating model? What approach will you take to design it?
- What type of governance will be effective?
- Have you considered near-shore and off-shore solutions?
- How can you identify, align and leverage technology solutions?
- How do you optimize roles, functions, and capabilities?
- Can you create culture? Is value realization better served by a unique or complimentary culture?
- Have you incorporated innovation, continuous improvement/Six Sigma, and cost-effectiveness into your process?
- What approaches are best to track benefits realization and establish reporting? What metrics and scorecards will you need?
Diversified Healthcare Company Designed and implemented an IT Shared Services strategy and operating model for the global application development organization.
F500 Global Biopharmaceutical Company Developed developed the strategy and business case for the creation of a near-shore, multi-service Shared Services Center. Facilitated migration and knowledge transfer through to full operations. 20% savings were realized.
F250 Hospitality Services Company Supported the creation of a Finance Shared Services transformation for AP, AR, Budget, Forecast, Close and Consolidation processes.
Global Life Sciences Company Developed the Shared Services & Outsourcing strategy, business case, and implementation road-map for global Finance processes including procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, accounting-to-reporting, and decision support.