Amy has more than twenty five years of pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostic management and leadership experience across the spectrum of business functions from research and development, operations, and quality to marketing and business development. Amy has coached and developed leaders responsible for major change initiatives such as on mergers, acquisitions and partnerships, internally driven strategy formulation and implementation efforts, as well as process and systems improvement projects. She consistently delivers value by combining her exceptional ability to inspire faith in her vision with outstanding organizational skills to drive project completion.
Prior to joining TayganPoint, Amy led assignments at a variety of life sciences businesses including, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and Guilford Pharmaceuticals; and not for profit organizations, such as The American Red Cross, The Philadelphia Youth Network and the Society for Conservation Biology.
Recent Projects Include:
- Global BioPharmaceutical Company – Managed Regulatory and Supply Chain post-merger functional program teams to complete full integration in under 1 year for a $9B acquisition of 5 products marketed globally.
- Managed a Regulatory Divestiture Program team for a $14.2B divestiture. Transferred over 4500 SKUs across 150 countries impacting 10 supply sites. Developed client function leaders.
- Supported Hi-Po Client Lead of a Regulatory emerging market work stream of a $41B merger. Ensured ROW expansion plans were executable and regulatory constraints mitigated.
- Developed strategy, roadmap and business cases for strategic sourcing of Regulatory, CMC and Clinical Safety activity.
- International Health Care Company – Designed a stage gate process, with decision criteria, for advancing investments from early stage through the corporate incubator and onto stand-alone divisions. Developed portfolio prioritization process and high level milestone and resource planning tool for in-licensing business development initiatives.
- Produced and delivered training on Risk, Issue and Resource management for IT PMO.
- Leading Medical Diagnostic Company – Supported project management implementation of a sales and marketing change program including global sales force automation system, forecasting and sales process reengineering, and segmentation and value proposition development.
- Developed a high level program management system to determine capacity constraints for a franchise development organization. Designed a process for financial, scientific, and medical evaluation of targeted acquisitions prior to deal closure.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- Why Active Risk Management Is Essential for Boards of Directors: In today’s fast-paced and social-media driven world, the speed at which a risk can turn into a widely publicized issue means Board members must now provide both tactical and strategic supervision over risk management as part of their membership.
- How to Use Regulatory Operations as a Competitive Advantage in Emerging Markets: Efficient regulatory execution is the key to a successful growth strategy in hard-to-navigate emerging markets. Working with regulators early in the process helps companies realize their favored outcomes more often.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- M.B.A. – Rutgers Graduate School of Management
- M.Ed. in Counseling Psychology – Temple University
- B.S. in Engineering – Rutgers College of Engineering
- Certified Leadership Coach – Leadership Institute of Seattle
In the Community:
Amy currently serves in support of the Princeton Nursery School fundraising committee, coaches Little League girls softball, and advocates for special education for children with dyslexia.
Program & Project
Medical Device & Diagnostic
Not For Profit