Andrew has over 25 years of industry and consulting experience, including extensive expertise in strategy development, change management, communications, organizational design, and process improvement. While he has experience in a wide range of industries, Andrew’s main focus has been working with life sciences companies. Andrew has significant hands-on experience leading and implementing change in challenging environments. He leverages his engineering background and operational mindset to streamline business processes and has a strong track record for delivering results, managing teams and developing staff.
Prior to joining TayganPoint, Andrew was a Principal in the life sciences practice of Capgemini and held the position of Vice President of Project Management and Clinical Operations at a Clinical Research Organization. He has also held a range of operational and general management positions in the aerospace and engineering industries.
Recent Projects Include:
- Coordinated and managed the development and execution of a plan to establish a near shore shared services center, including site selection, organization design and staff recruitment.
- Developed a two-year roadmap to transform product portfolio management and implemented a strategic portfolio review process for senior executives.
- Led a team of over 50 business and technology consultants that redefined and implemented new processes, systems and organization for late-stage drug development. This included preparing and managing the execution of a comprehensive communications plan that employed a wide variety of tactics to support implementation.
- Rebuilt a project management organization by redefining roles, assessing skills required and bringing in new talent.
- Facilitated the definition of harmonized business processes for a global function. Also conducted a skills assessment and designed a common organizational model for all operating locations.
- Worked with the leadership team responsible for corporate information management to prioritize their initiatives, set performance goals and develop detailed plans to achieve these goals.
- Defined mission, business objectives and launch plan for a new department of experimental medicine, which was successfully established eight weeks after budget approval.
- Introduced team working into a three-shift warehousing operation, including design of shop-floor-based measures and redefinition of supervisory and management processes.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- Pharma x C2 = Continuous Improvement of Capability and Culture: The Japanese word “Kaizen” is frequently used to describe the philosophy or practices that focus on continuous improvement. Regardless of the title used,the importance of establishing a continuous improvement framework and culture cannot be understated.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering – Imperial College, UK
- M.Sc. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering – University of Warwick, UK
- M.B.A. – INSEAD, France
In the Community:
An active cyclist Andrew has participated in several fund raising rides for various charities, including the American Diabetes Association and Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Program & Project Management
Organization Design & Change Management
Mergers & Acquisitions
Medical Device Engineering