Andrew has over 25 years of industry and consulting experience, including extensive expertise in strategy development, change management, communications, organizational design, and process improvement. While he has experience in a wide range of industries, Andrew’s main focus has been working with Life Sciences companies.
Andrew has significant hands-on experience leading and implementing change in challenging environments. He leverages his engineering background and operational mindset to streamline business processes and has a strong track record for delivering results, managing teams and developing staff.
Prior to TayganPoint, Andrew was a Principal in the Life Sciences practice of Capgemini and held the position of Vice President of Project Management and Clinical Operations at a Clinical Research Organization. He has also held a range of operational and general management positions in the aerospace and engineering industries.
Recent Projects Include:
- Coordinated and managed the development and execution of a plan to establish a near shore shared services center, including site selection, organization design and staff recruitment.
- Developed a 2 year roadmap to transform product portfolio management and implemented a strategic portfolio review process for senior executives.
- Led a team of over 50 business and technology consultants that redefined and implemented new processes, systems and organization for late-stage drug development.
- Rebuilt a clinical project management organization by redefining roles, assessing skills required and bringing in new talent.
- Facilitated definition of harmonized business processes for a global R&D function. Also conducted a skills assessment and designed a common organizational model for all sites.
- Worked with the leadership team responsible for Corporate Information Management to prioritize their initiatives, set performance goals and develop detailed plans to achieve these goals.
- Defined mission, business objectives and launch plan for a new department of Experimental Medicine, which was successfully established eight weeks after budget approval.
- Introduced team working into a three-shift warehousing operation, including design of shop-floor-based measures and redefinition of supervisory and management processes.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- Pharma x C2 = Continuous Improvement of Capability and Culture: The Japanese word “Kaizen” is frequently used to describe the philosophy or practices that focus on continuous improvement. Regardless of the title used,the importance of establishing a continuous improvement framework and culture cannot be understated.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- BSc. In Mechanical Engineering Imperial College, London, UK
- MSc. In Manufacturing Systems Engineering University of Warwick, UK
- MBA, INSEAD, France
In the Community:
An active cyclist who has participated in several fund-raising charity rides including the American Diabetes Association, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Anchor House.
Program & Project Management
Organization Design & Change Management
Mergers & Acquisitions
Medical Device Engineering