A Strategic Account Executive at TayganPoint, Charles D. (Chas) Hartwig has more than 30 years of global industry and consulting experience, with particular depth in Information Technology (IT) effectiveness, business process improvement, organizational design, and strategy development & implementation. Chas has broad experience in the Life Sciences sector, as well as experience in the Home Healthcare and Industrial B2B sectors. Chas is known as a developer & motivator of talent, and has coached and mentored many leaders at all levels. He also serves as an advisor to venture capital investors and early stage technology companies.
Chas’ background includes 15 years with Johnson & Johnson in CIO and senior IT roles, spanning the medical device, pharmaceutical/biotech, diagnostics, and consumer healthcare segments. He served as Chief Information Officer for Janssen Supply Chain, J&J’s Surgical Care Group, Ethicon, and Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. Chas’ experience includes 7 years as a senior IT executive at Merck & Co., Inc., where he formed and led Merck’s business process redesign organization, as well as 5 years as a management consultant with Deloitte. Chas holds a BA in Computer Science from Colgate University and an MBA from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
- Developed a new customer service strategy for a $1B division of a major medical device company.
- Developed IT strategy to position a $2.5B industry-leading home healthcare company for next wave of growth.
- Conducted supply chain risk assessment to identify and remediate IT issues for 45 global manufacturing sites.
- Resolved long-standing pharmaceutical product supply issues by reducing IT outages by 93% (from 68 per quarter to 5).
- Conducted Lean Six Sigma initiative that improved project on-time performance from 36% to 70%.
- Implemented two waves of restructuring to $720MM, 1,000-person IT organization. Improved morale while delivering cost savings of $100MM in 24 months and sustaining quality results.
- Developed and implemented IT strategies for a $4B medical device company and a $1.5B in vitro diagnostics company
- Led the development & deployment of a “Perfect Launch” process, including a product launch risk assessment tool.
- Led the definition of a Sales Operations organization and deployment releases of CRM functionality.
- Developed IT shared service operating models, migrated two organizations into IT shared services.
Education & Distinctions:
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Colgate University
- MBA, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
In the Community:
An active contributor to his community, Chas mentors startup company founders and executives in transition.
Program & Project Management
Sales and Marketing
Operations and Manufacturing