A Senior Analyst at TayganPoint, Chelsea has more than 2 years of organizational design and development experience working with the largest public healthcare system in the United States. Through her experiences an Associate Director of Organizational Development for NYC Health and Hospitals, her areas of expertise include organizational re-design, leadership development, and strategic training development and implementation.
Prior to her work in healthcare, Chelsea was a human resource Assistant Manager for 3 years in the fitness industry. She led the development and facilitation of competency skill assessments to maximize employee-organization fit among candidates for employment. This experience led her to pursue a Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from NYU. There, she partnered with the KornFerry advisory firm to develop a strategic social network analysis as an effort to identify informal work relationships among front-line staff.
Recent Projects Include:
- Led the development and implementation of a pilot leadership assessment and development program, including interpretation of executive leadership Myers-Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI), Emotional Intelligence Indictor (EQi2.0), Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Indicator (TKI) assessments, and facilitating development coaching.
- Led the research, development, and review of executive leadership grant proposals, receiving over $250,000 funding for strategic training & development initiatives.
- Managed and developed a 6-month system-wide cultural alignment initiative among middle-line managers, which enhanced the strategic direction of the company and increased targeted employee satisfaction metrics.
- Managed the organizational development initiatives aligned with Lean Six Sigma work streams, which reduced patient wait time in Emergency Department and MRI procedure waiting areas.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Human Development, University of Maryland
- Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, New York University
- DISC Assessment: Personal, Team, and Work Pair Analysis Certified Practitioner – Extended DISC
- Instructional Designer/Developer Certification – Langevin Learning Services
- Bronze Level Lean Thinking/Process Improvement – NYC Health and Hospitals
In the Community:
Chelsea is an active member of the Edward Taylor Coombs Foundation, which seeks to promote athletic participation and provide scholarships for continuing education among young teens. The ETC Foundation was created in 2011 after the death of Chelsea’s close childhood friend and collegiate athletic star, Edward Coombs, who lived by the motto: “Play fast & live slow.” To date, over $60,000 has been raised for scholarship funding.
Change and Communications Strategy & Delivery
Human Resources Management & Labor Relations
Executive & Organization Development
Government Policy: Employment & Labor Relations
Program & Project Management
Food and Facilities Services
Manufacturing & Construction
Not for Profits and Sports Organizations (local and international)