Chris has over twenty years of business and consulting experience, including strategy development and implementation, organizational development, process improvement, and change management in a wide range of industries. He has served as a C-level executive and successfully implemented policies and projects in a variety of challenging environments. Chris appreciates the enabling power of well-designed processes and quality business analysis for decision-makers. His expertise has been acknowledged through appointments to several statewide commissions and taskforces on procurement, project management, budget development, and technology organization.
Prior to joining TayganPoint, Chris worked for the state legislatures of California and Nevada, two governors, and as an executive vice president in higher education before consulting on program, labor, and project management in higher education and not for profit organizations. He has worked on policy and program initiatives in transportation, health and human services, pharmaceuticals, food services/hospitality, taxation, criminal justice, business regulation, and small business development.
Recent Projects Include:
- Fortune 250 diversified food service company – Project manager for global implementation of a web-based field financial management tool with inter-dependencies to concurrent shared business services and contract-to-pay projects
- Team Facilitation and Change Management – Provided multi-team facilitation and change management to a Fortune 100 diversified pharmaceutical company to standardize accounting practices, and implement a global enterprise resource system (SAP) and concurrent migration to global shared business services environment.
- Strategic Plan Implementation – Led strategic planning efforts at two state agencies leading to more effective organizational communication, transparent decision-making, and improved regulatory response times while providing 10% reduction in annual staffing and operating expense costs.
- State Government Chargeback System – Project director for implementing chargeback cost rate system for technology services in a $4B state government.
- Operations Evaluation – Evaluated underperforming field operations and implemented recommendations to improve accuracy of data collection (doubled accuracy rates to 98.5%) and efficiency of workload management (reduced personnel costs by 8%) for a multi-state regional office of the Civilian Federal Agency.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.S. Social Sciences – California State University, Fresno
- Not for Profit Management Certification – Frontline Leadership & Management
- Project Management Certification – State of California
In the Community:
An active contributor to his community, Chris has served in a leadership role in Rotary International, Boys & Girls Club, and ShelterBox USA. Currently, he is an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America and in his local church youth group. He often participates in volunteer vacations for Samaritan’s Purse disaster relief programs and recently served in the Gleanings for the Hungry fruit packing shed in Central California.
Program & Operations Evaluation
Not for Profit
Information Technology Services
Federal & State Government