Chris has over twenty years of leadership and consulting experience, including strategy development, organizational development, program implementation, change management, and process improvement in a wide range of industries. He has served as an executive leader in multiple organizations and successfully implemented policies and projects in a variety of challenging environments. His expertise has been acknowledged through appointments to statewide commissions and taskforces on facilities and procurement, project management, budget development, and technology organization.
Prior to joining TayganPoint, Chris worked at a senior level for the state legislatures of California and Nevada, two governors, and as a vice president in higher education. He has worked on policy and program initiatives in life science, transportation, health and human services, food services/hospitality, taxation, education, insurance, criminal justice/corrections, and business regulation.
Recent Projects Include:
- Major R&D Organization Transformation– Built structured change management plans for multiple R&D divisions at a Fortune 200 diversified pharmaceutical company.
- Workspace Project and Change Management – Owner’s representative and change management lead for two major statewide capital outlay projects, including office and laboratory facilities, impacting multiple business units and locations.
- Technology Project and Change Management – Project manager for technology project impacting 10,000+ users. Provided joint development and implementation of a structured change management program, including a robust communication strategy and training program.
- Strategic Plan and Organizational Development – Supported development and implementation of a strategic plan for a new shared business center for a Fortune 250 diversified pharmaceutical company. Evaluated company business units and processes for re-location to the new center.
- Financial Mgmt System & Contract to Pay – Project manager for global implementation of a web-based field financial management tool impacting 10,000+ users with inter-dependencies to concurrent shared business and contract-to-pay projects for a Fortune 250 diversified food service company.
- Shared Business Services – Procure-to-Pay BPO Proposal – Evaluated procurement operations and developed a Procure-to-Pay BPO RFP for a Fortune 400 bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Strategic Plan Implementation – Led efforts at two large state agencies leading to establish more effective communications and transparent decision-making; addressed non-compliant regulatory activities while reducing annual operating expenses by 10 percent.
- Field Operations Evaluation – Evaluated underperforming field operations and implemented recommendations to improve accuracy of data collection (doubled accuracy rates to 98.5%) and efficiency of workload management (8% annual savings) for a multi-state regional office of the U.S. government.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science, California State University
- Atlantic Council International Studies Seminar, Georgetown University, School of Government
- Project Management Certification, State of California
In the Community:
An active contributor to his community, Chris has served in a leadership role in Rotary International, Boys & Girls Club, and ShelterBox USA. Currently, he is an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America and he often participates in volunteer vacations for disaster relief programs. When not volunteering, Chris can be found backpacking around the continent or island-hopping in a kayak off the coast of Maine.
Program & Operations Evaluation
Not for Profit
Information Technology Services
Federal & State Government