Jacinta is an experienced professional with over 30 years of leadership in change execution and communications, dispute resolution and mediation, organizational and HR strategy, design and delivery of executive development and knowledge management programs, and coaching and mentoring. She is skilled in international labor relations and contract negotiations.
Prior to joining TayganPoint Jacinta was in private practice, providing HR, organizational development and governance advice to a range of clients. She held senior HR roles at Fletcher Challenge (then New Zealand’s largest company), leading a custom ‘People Development Practices’ program. Previously Jacinta was an Advocate, representing employers and government agencies in contract negotiations and labor disputes.
Recent Projects Include:
- Managing a knowledge transfer (KT) program to support the effective transition of process, people and technology to a cross-regional capability center. This required developing and running rigorous and comprehensive programs- which included project planning and playbooks to manage the change, and transition of work.
- Communications program leadership to support the development of a global communications strategy and delivery plan. Worked with the client to ensure alignment with company-wide and other program imperatives.
- Change leadership for a global service provider which was transitioning work from multiple locations to a new shared business services center. This required extensive process and people changes, the development and execution of strategies to educate, engage, communicate, train and prepare the business for implementation of the shared services model.
- Leading a review of governance and infrastructure requirements for an international sport body. This involved bringing together and negotiating with competing agencies, and guiding the installation of an effective and affordable operating model. The Board of the international governing body continues to execute this solution.
- Change and communications programs lead for post-merger regulatory function integration at a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company. (1) An 18 month-long change management, communications, training, and deployment strategy for a global Registration Management program; (2) Coordinated regional cross-functional Forums to collaborate on project sensitive information, and management of intersections and competing priorities.
- Researched and developed business cases for expansion and export opportunities for a range of international companies. This included advising on economic, marketing distribution and regulatory constraints and impacts.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.A. in Economics and French – University of Otago, New Zealand
- The Executive Program – University of Michigan, Ross School of Busines
- Jacinta was the founding chairperson of New Zealand’s Employment Equity (EEO) Trust. She also represented the New Zealand Employers’ Federation at the International Labor Organization (ILO) in Geneva.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Economics (Masters level accreditation)– University of Otago
In the Community:
Actively engaged in her community, Jacinta has held leadership roles in school, sports and church organizations. She was involved in governance with the International Netball Federation, and was Treasurer and Development Fund member at Immaculate Conception School (Clinton, NJ). Jacinta is a founding director of the New York chapter of the Kiwi Expats Association (KEA) – established to promote business and educational interactions for New Zealanders around the world. She continues to be involved in sporting, community and philanthropic activities.
Change and Communications Strategy & Delivery
Human Resources Management & Labor Relations
Executive & Organization Development
Government Policy: Employment & Labor Relations
Program & Project Management
Food and Facilities Services
Manufacturing & Construction
Not for Profits and Sports Organizations (local and international)