Jay Stanell has an extensive consulting background in finance, Six Sigma business process improvement and design, project management, leadership, and Six Sigma and Lean Green/Black Belt Training. He has worked for and with a diverse group of organizations within the Pharmaceutical, Financial Services/Wealth Management, Healthcare, Manufacturing and IT Industries. Jay has worked with C-level individuals, creating tactics and methods to advance the overall strategy within the given work environment. He has played an integral part within the regulated entities creating process for large teams and he has managed large scale, domestic and global transformational efforts.
Before joining TayganPoint, Jay had an early career as a CPA. He joined GE in 1989 in Audit, and progressed through a series of increasingly responsible roles, domestically and internationally, within the Accounting, Finance, Sales/Marketing, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Six Sigma operations. As a consultant he has leveraged his finance and Six Sigma skills and taken on a series of assignments where he analyzed, selected, and managed high value process design, deployment, and improvement efforts in premier companies.
Recent Projects Include:
- Fortune 100 global Pharmaceutical Company – Near-Shoring Shared Service: Integral in the execution of the strategy and transition plan to migrate parts of the Finance, IT, and Marketing organizations from a decentralized to a globally integrated shared services location.
- Leading Financial Services Investments Company – Retirement Plan Services Sponsor and Plan Participant Process Re-design and Technology Strategy: Conducted an analysis and evaluation of moving current state client interactions onto future state process and technology. Provided a roadmap and execution strategy for integrated, scalable client-facing technologies for this multi-billion dollar financial concern.
- Fortune 100 Healthcare Company – Process Design and Improvement: MBB Six Sigma strategy, leadership and support for multiple business transactional processes, including Marketing, Finance, eBusiness, Customer Interaction Center, and HR.
- Fortune 100 Bank/Wealth Management Organization – Productivity and Quality: Performed MBB/project management duties within “Global Finance Technology” on a major cross organizational global technology/process design and deployment project. Conducted process design work within this key shared service division that enabled bank headquarters to operate more efficiently, and enabled multiple acquisition integrations into complex systems architecture. Sub projects included global consolidations, and T&E rationalization and re-deployment.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.S. in Accounting – Pennsylvania State University
- C.P.A. – American Institute of CPAs
- Sigma Black Belt Certification – General Electric
- Sigma Master Black Belt Certification – JP Morgan Chase
- Certified Project Manager Certification – PMI
In the Community:
Jay concentrates his volunteer work with local organizations including the Friends of the Delaware Canal, whose mission is to maintain and restore the canal, and the Lord’s Pantry, a local food bank, for whom he runs the annual fundraiser.
Finance & Accounting
Mergers and Acquisitions
Organization Design & Change Management
Program & Project Management
Banking & Financial Services