Jay Stanell has an extensive consulting background in finance, Six Sigma business process improvement and design, project management, strategy, leadership development, organizational design He has worked for and with a diverse group of organizations within the Pharmaceutical, Financial Services/Wealth Management, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and IT Industries. Jay has enabled C-level individuals, to create tactics and methods to advance the overall strategy within the given work environment. He has played an integral part within the regulated entities creating process for large teams and he has managed large scale, domestic and global, transformational efforts.
Before joining TayganPoint, Jay had an early career as a CPA. He then joined GE in 1987 in Internal Audit and progressed through a series of increasingly responsible roles, domestically and internationally, within the Accounting, Financial Planning, Sales/Marketing, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Six Sigma groups. Later, as a consultant he has leveraged his finance and Six Sigma skills and has taken on a series of assignments where he analyzed, selected, and managed high value process design, deployment, and improvement efforts in premier companies.
Recent Projects Include:
- Fortune 100 global Pharmaceutical Company – Call Center (Shared Services) Continuous Improvement project manager across global sites – responsible for training, facilitating idea generation, prioritization, metrics and governance of improvements across 13 functional areas.
- Fortune 100 Bank/Wealth Management Organization – Productivity and Quality: Performed project management duties within “Global Finance Technology” on a major cross organizational global technology/process design and deployment project. Conducted process design work within this key shared service division that enabled bank headquarters to operate more efficiently, and enabled multiple acquisition integrations into complex systems architecture. Sub projects included global consolidations, and T&E rationalization and re-deployment.
- Fortune 100 global Pharmaceutical Company – Environmental, Health and Safety Standards assessment and remediation program management.
- Fortune 100 global Pharmaceutical Company – Near-Shoring Shared Service: Integral in the execution of the strategy and transition plan to migrate parts of the Contracts and Pricing, Finance, IT, and Marketing organizations from a decentralized to a globally integrated shared services location.
- Leading Financial Services Investments Company – Retirement Plan Services Sponsor and Plan Participant Process Re-design and Technology Strategy: Conducted an analysis and evaluation of moving current state client interactions onto future state process and technology. concern.
- Fortune 100 Healthcare Company – Shared Service Process Design and Improvement: MBB Six Sigma strategy, leadership and support for multiple business transactional processes, including Marketing, Pricing / Chargebacks, Finance, eBusiness, Customer Interaction Center, and HR.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.S. in Accounting – Pennsylvania State University
- C.P.A. – American Institute of CPAs
- Sigma Black Belt Certification – General Electric
- Sigma Master Black Belt Certification
- Certified Project Manager Certification – PMI
In the Community:
Jay concentrates much of his volunteer work with local organizations including the Friends of the Delaware Canal whose mission is to maintain and restore this historic local landmark, and the Lord’s Pantry, a local food bank, for whom he runs the annual fundraiser.
Finance & Accounting
Mergers and Acquisitions
Organization Design & Change Management
Program & Project Management
Banking & Financial Services