A Principal consultant at TayganPoint, Joan Walker has over 20 years of experience driving both business process and IT solutions to support global business strategies for large corporate clients. She is an accomplished organizational business and IT leader with proven ability to build, motivate and lead diverse global teams to achieve program objectives while aligning IT strategy with business goals. Joan leads TayanPoint’s IT Effectiveness Practice which focuses on helping our clients and IT leaders leverage opportunities to improve the value of IT to their organizations.
Joan’s first half of her career began at GE in the IT consulting division supporting the operational division and subsequently moved onto an integration firm providing training and program management to various fortune 500 companies. The second half of her career was in the Pharmaceutical industry and worked for Johnson & Johnson as a Business Relationship Director supporting Global PMO, Finance and HR. Subsequent to J&J, she led the Advisory Services department in Global Data at Merck in which she managed over 50 employees, and was instrumental in managing the client facing application database team and established a new business relationship management support group and PMO in order to successfully deliver Global data services to the business units of Merck. At Merck is where Joan obtained her Agent One certification in Change Management and was the Change Lead on an IT Operating Model Program which was successfully implemented at Merck.
Recent Projects Include:
- Led an initiative for a DOD contractor to develop the framework and strategy for their IT Portfolio to align with their business strategy. Developed a strategic roadmap to support near term and 3-5 year ROI goals.
- Led Service Management Strategy, Planning and Execution for a Global Mobility Program for a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company. Successfully drove business requirements and IT requirements for the program across various business units for 50,000 end users. Facilitated planning sessions and collaborated among IT executives and business stakeholders to ensure alignment on strategy, processes, policy, billing and costing model, support model and implementation. Developed and executed a risk assessment strategy and provide recommendations on mitigation steps and approach to ensure a successful implementation.
- Created a Global Governance/PMO Framework and Change Management Strategy for a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company to support an IT Integration for their Medical Device Division.
Education and Certifications:
- BA English, Douglass College, Rutgers University
- MBA, Marketing
- Change Management Certification Agent One
- ITIL Foundation Certified V3
- Courses in Six Sigma: Lean Thinking, Process Improvements (DMAIC)
In the Community:
Joan is an active member of her community and volunteer in Hunterdon County, NJ Dress for Success and previous leadership committee member of Hunterdon County Mothers of Multiples.
IT Business Strategy Alignment
Program Management &Governance
IT Service Management/ ITIL
Planning & Execution