A Principal consultant at TayganPoint, Joan Walker has over 20 years of experience managing and leading large global programs as well as driving business process and IT solutions to support business strategies for large corporate clients. She is an accomplished organizational business and IT leader with proven ability to build, motivate and lead diverse global teams to achieve program objectives while aligning IT strategy with business goals. Joan leads TayganPoint’s IT Effectiveness Practice which focuses on helping our clients and IT leaders leverage opportunities to improve the value of IT to their organizations.
Joan’s first half of her career began at GE in the IT consulting division supporting the operational division and subsequently moved onto an integration firm providing training and program management to various fortune 500 companies. The second half of her career was in the Pharmaceutical industry and worked for Johnson & Johnson as a Business Relationship Director supporting Global PMO, Finance and HR. Subsequent to J&J, she led the Advisory Services department in Global Data at Merck in which she managed over 50 employees, and was instrumental in managing the client facing application database team and established a new business relationship management support group and PMO in order to successfully deliver Global data services to the business units of Merck. At Merck is where Joan obtained her Agent One certification in Change Management and was the global Change Lead on an IT Operating Model Program which was successfully implemented at Merck.
Recent Projects Include:
- Program lead for Enterprise Monitoring workstream in J&J Global Clinical Operations within Janssen R&D. Responsible for establishing project level governance and tracking mechanisms, the identification of dependencies, risks and establish change management communication input for the workstream. Managed PM direct reports that were responsible for managing peer workstreams with the JJCO program.
- Project manager lead for Study management workstream in J&J Global Clinical Operations within Janssen R&D. Developed requirements for CTMS solution for Study managers, managed overall workstream deliverables, plan, reporting.
- Led a Commercial Data Processing initiative within Janssen Commercial Excellenc with an emphasis on change and project management in support of implementing a Commercial Data warehouse to support the Commercial therapeutic areas for Cardiovascular, Immunology, Oncology and Neuroscience . Developed and executed a change management and risk mitigation strategy and provided recommendations on steps and approach to ensure a successful execution.
- Led Service Management Strategy, Planning and Execution for an IT Global Mobility Program for a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company. Successfully drove business requirements and IT requirements for the program across various business units for 50,000 end users. Facilitated planning sessions and collaborated among IT executives and business stakeholders to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation.
- Created a Global Governance/PMO Framework and Change Management Strategy for a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company to support an IT Integration for their Medical Device Division.
Education and Certifications:
- BA English, Douglass College, Rutgers University
- MBA, Marketing
- Change Management Certification Agent One
- ITIL Foundation Certified V3
- Courses in Six Sigma: Lean Thinking, Process Improvements (DMAIC)
- “IT Effectiveness Transformation – High Level Approach to Successful Shared Services” January, 2016
- “Why Shared Services for IT? 5 Benefits for Greater Efficiencies” November, 2015
- “Paradigm Shift – Issues Facing Today’s CIO’s” July, 2015
In the Community:
Joan is an active member of her community and volunteer in Hunterdon County, NJ Dress for Success and previous leadership committee member of Hunterdon County Mothers of Multiples.
Program Management &Governance
Business/IT Strategy Alignment
IT Service Management/ ITIL
Planning & Execution