Joanne has over 27 years of in-depth project management experience in the areas of compliance, supply chain, and manufacturing support for the Healthcare industry. She specializes in managing highly technical, complex projects in an ever-changing global regulatory environment. These projects require a variety of technical and managerial competencies, critical thinking, and decision-making skills, and Joanne has a proven track record for driving results and deliverables on time and under budget.
Joanne’s career began at Merck & Co, Inc., where she was instrumental in providing technical solutions and drove the use of risk-based guidance in support of strategic Safety, Health & Environmental goals, business process improvement, and manufacturing capacity planning. She has developed and implemented business process tools, metrics, and software solutions, and has successfully integrated continuous process improvement in order to manage fast-pace changes in a highly regulated environment. Joanne has supported the implementation of both integration and divestiture projects in the areas of compliance, manufacturing, and product supply, and has led multi-cultural and global
Recent Projects Include:
- Divestiture Project Management – Project manager for multi-billion dollar divestiture – managed global multi-functional implementation team, developed and managed roadmap for business transition in over 160 markets, and integrated continuous improvement in the transition of product supply and business processes.
- Supply chain management – Project manager for divestiture-related source of supply changes impacting global markets. Developed and employed business process to incorporate the use of comprehensive regulatory management tool in product supply planning.
- Merger / Integration Regulatory Process and Tools – Implemented comprehensive regulatory management tool that drove prioritization of merger-related and post-merger regulatory change and activity, and subsequently drove business strategy across all areas of the corporation. Specifically coordinated regulatory support for merger-related capacity planning and manufacturing facility rationalization.
- Safety Program Management – Program Manager for Injury Reduction Initiative at large, multi-divisional site. Program drives results in quality improvement of root cause investigations, ergonomic solutions, and safe standard work. Change Management structure and communication tools implemented to drive site-wide behavioral and cultural change management and measurement.
- Quality Systems Improvement – Project management support for global Quality Systems Improvement. Project, focused on Quality Risk Management and Training.
- Risk Assessment Strategy – Drove strategy for company-wide use of risk assessments to drive business strategy. Developed supporting environmental risk assessments of manufacturing facility discharge to drive compliance with USEPA Consent Decree. Developed and implemented a time-proven waste disposal system that proved instrumental in the legal defense for potential criminal charges related to a significant non-compliance event.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Chemical Engineering, Rutgers University – 1989
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Rutgers University. – 1993
- TayganPointer of the Month – Feb 2016
In the Community:
Joanne, married for 24 years and a mother of 3, is an active contributor of local not-for-profit organizations. She serves on the Board of the St. Anna Greek Orthodox Church of Flemington, NJ, and was instrumental in the advent of the church’s inception, construction planning, fundraising, and building activities.
Change and Communications Strategy & Delivery
Human Resources Management & Labor Relations
Executive & Organization Development
Government Policy: Employment & Labor Relations
Program & Project Management
Food and Facilities Services
Manufacturing & Construction
Not for Profits and Sports Organizations (local and international)