Co-founder and President of TayganPoint Consulting Group, John Cassimatis has more than 25 years of experience advising and working with some of the world’s leading corporations in various industries. His areas of expertise include strategy formulation and implementation, business process improvement, organizational re-design, change management and information technology strategy. Recognized for his
extensive experience in finance and executive management, John is often called upon by senior leaders of global companies to assist with major organizational transformations.
Prior to founding TayganPoint in 2009, John began his career began at Arthur Andersen. He subsequently held executive leadership positions at Kepner-Tregoe, Ernst & Young and First Consulting Group’s Healthcare and Life Sciences consultancy, and eventually established his own firm, VantagePoint Consulting.
Recent Projects Include:
Led an initiative for a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company to develop the strategy and transition plan to migrate from a decentralized IT organization to a globally integrated shared services model.
Developed the strategy and roadmap for a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company for the finance function to migrate its transactional processes into a global shared service environment
Developed the strategy, organization design and process operating model for the North American Shared Service Center for the Enterprise Business Services of a large Bio- Pharmaceutical Company.
Worked with the R&D organization of a Fortune 100 Diversified Healthcare Company to process map, reengineer and develop key metrics for the regulatory documentation process related to clinical studies.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- Optimizing the Customer Experience Leads to Improved Bottom Line and Clearer Compliance: Whether the bar has been set by Zappos or Amazon, the notion of a flawless customer experience has penetrated the corporate psyche. Customers are no longer willing to choose between product quality, speed of delivery, and price. Simply put, they want it all.
- R&D Portfolio Management: A Disciplined Approach to Unlocking Value: As the Biopharma industry continues to go through significant transformation there are many core capabilities that Biopharma companies must have. But perhaps none is more important than the ability to effectively discover and launch new products.
- Business Transformation, the New Norm for Biopharma: Industry trends are forcing executives to re-evaluate their strategies in search of new, innovative ways to generate revenue, improve productivity and ensure compliance with ever changing regulatory guidelines. These evolving strategies are leading executives to consider fundamentally transforming their entire business model.
- Making Strategy Happen: Setting the right strategy is not easy. But the real challenge is not developing and setting the strategy. The real challenge is aligning the organization to effectively implement the strategy and “making strategy happen”.
- SOS – How Pharma Can Avoid Drowning in Metrics Overload: There are very few, if any, Pharmaceutical companies that don’t track and monitor key performance indicators and metrics. The challenge is that they track too many and spend more time gathering and reporting metrics in functional silos rather than focusing on the vital metrics that drive company-wide process efficiencies and compliance alignment with the overall company strategy.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.S. in Accounting & Finance – Lehigh University
- “Leading Professional Services Firms” Executive Education-Harvard Business School
- C.P.A.- American Institute of CPA
- Certified in Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving, Decision Making & Project Management
- Whole Systems IQ Change Management Coach
- The 50 Fastest Growing Companies (WBENC, 2013)
- SmartCEO Magazine’s Brava! Award (2014)
John regularly speaks at client conferences and meetings for professional association, including the Information Technology Association, the Drug Information Association and the International Productivity and Quality Council. He recently led a webinar on “Overcoming Growing Pains: Best Practices to Succeed and Thrive” for Consulting magazine.
In the Community:
An active contributor to his community, John has provided pro bono consulting services to numerous not for profit organizations. He is Founding President of the Hillsborough Education Foundation and serves on the Board of Trustees of Millhill Child and Family Development Center and Giving Hope Network. John also sits on the Board of the USA Triathlon Foundation.
Finance and Accounting
Organization Design and Change Management
Not For Profit