A Senior Consultant at TayganPoint, Lisa Weller Cooney has more than 20 years of experience leading global, enterprise transformations in the information services, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries. Her areas of expertise include program / project leadership, continuous improvement, organizational development / change management, technology deployment, ISO and SSAE16 implementation, and acquisition integration.
Lisa’s career began in consulting where she designed field service operations for medical device companies by conducting end-user surveys, performing focus groups and competitive analyses. She moved to IMS Health, a leading information services provider to the pharmaceutical industry, where she held increasingly demanding roles as Operations Process Improvement Leader, Global Quality Director, and V.P. of Enterprise Process Engineering. Since returning to consulting, Lisa has helped her pharmaceutical clients to set up continuous improvement programs and implement significant supply chain and quality transformation programs. Lisa has received a series of excellence awards including the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Rising Star award and the IMS Summit Award.
- Founded and led a global enterprise LEAN Sigma Program designed to entrench cultural change and drive significant technology/acquisition integration projects. The multi-year initiative was characterized by the CEO in communications as “a program that has fundamentally changed the DNA of the company and made employees more innovative.”
- Implemented ISO 9001 in the US, Canada and Latin American Operations. Managed internal and external audits. Escalated compliance risks / mitigation. Awarded the company’s highest honor based on significant contributions to quality management.
- Led change management efforts for supply chain and quality transformation programs at a major pharmaceutical company. Ensured people had the tools, information and motivation to embrace change. Articulated a compelling business case. Ensured alignment, assessed stakeholder needs and managed risk.
- Improved acquisition effectiveness by re-aligning Sales/Service teams. Harmonized diverse company cultures. Improved efficiency and customer experience by defining better processes and optimal staff size.
- Redefined the contract management and rebate payment processes for two major pharmaceutical companies. Significantly reduced time to make payments to health plans, eliminating costly late payment penalties.
- Established a continuous improvement program for a leading hospital software provider. Enabled the company to absorb significant growth by working smarter rather than adding staff.
Education & Distinctions
- Bachelor of Science in Business / French from the Pennsylvania State University
- MBA, the Pennsylvania State University
- A. in French Studies, the Pennsylvania State University
- Study abroad at University of Nice and CERAM business school, France
- Master’s Certificate in Project Management from George Washington University
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt from Villanova University
In the Community
An active contributor to her community, Lisa serves in the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Mentoring program which helps professional women explore and achieve their goals. She also volunteers in several children’s charities including Fisherman’s Mark, Cradles to Crayons and Childfund International.
Program & Project Leadership
Global Standards Compliance/Audits
Cross-functional Team Leadership