A Senior Consultant at TayganPoint, Mike has more than 25 years of experience advising and working with some of the world’s leading Life Sciences R&D organizations. His areas of expertise include project management and implementation, business process improvement in R&D, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Operations.
Mike’s career began in the Imaging Technology industry where he focused on Marketing and Business Operations for leading companies such as Scitex and Polaroid Graphics Imaging. After acquiring his MBA, Mike became an independent management consultant and later joined TayganPoint in the Cambridge, MA location where he focuses on Life Sciences and Medical Devices.
Mike is called upon by our clients to ensure flawless project execution and has a proven record of exceeding customer expectations. He has a passion for performance excellence and operations and cross functional project team development.
Recent Projects Include:
- Developed project management office for Fortune 500 pharmaceutical Companies medical device division integrating strategy for new product development. Integral in introduction of stage gate development process to support product introductions and extensions.
- Delivered the structure needed to standardize project management practices and facilitate portfolio management, and developed methodologies for repeatable R&D and Manufacturing processes to ensure successful medical device launches.
- Program management support for manufacturing facility producing pharmaceutical products including integrating material supply, product validation, process verification and launch strategies into unified stage gate approach.
- Managed a Global Regulatory Divestiture Portfolio totaling over $15B in revenue for Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company. Managed cross functional efforts across regulatory, Marketing and supply activities resulting in over 90% on time transfer.
- Developed best practices playbook and metrics for continuous improvement for Regulatory Center of Excellence. Developed shared vision, defined process drivers and develop consistent processes for strategic success.
- Partnered with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality of a fortune 500 pharmaceutical company to mitigate risk and reduce cost for the companies premier Biologics Manufacturing facility.
- Led a cross functional team charged with increasing capacity at manufacturing facility by 40%. Team evaluated throughput, raw material supply, cost and vendor management to achieve goals on time and under budget.
- Program management support for manufacturing facility producing pharmaceutical products including integrating validation, verification and launch strategies into a unified approach.
- Developed manufacturing timeline for Medical Device transfer of production to international location including shutdown of US facility and startup of new facility including safety stock calculations.
- Led the site closure activities for a large medical device company. This included relocation and close out processes for the US R&D laboratories and manufacturing clean room facilities.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- Bachelor of Science, Imaging and Photographic Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology
- MBA, Northeastern University
- Change Leadership Certificate, Cornell University
In the Community:
Mike is an active contributor to his community, he dedicates his time by providing pro bono consulting services to area organizations. He is the board member and treasurer of local youth sports and numerous non-profit organizations. Mike is an active supporter of the Caring for Children Foundation.
Program & Project Management
IT & Software
Printing & Publishing