Rachel has more than 20 years’ experience leading diverse, complex initiatives in highly challenging environments across a continuum of business functions from Engineering, Manufacturing, Research and Development, Safety, Health & Environmental and Human Resources. Rachel is successful at translating the complex, big picture into concrete and practical plans by communicating and collaborating effectively with executive, technical and business stakeholders. Rachel’s integrated approach allows her to think beyond the project boundaries to incorporate all elements within an organization – project goals, business dependencies, customer needs and corporate strategy – to deliver intended end benefits.
Prior to joining Tayganpoint, Rachel had a successful career at a major pharmaceutical company where she held positions of increasing responsibility in Engineering, Safety, Health & Environment and Human Resources demonstrating her expertise in business process and performance improvement, strategy development, and planning and execution. Rachel continues that success at Tayganpoint through supporting a variety of businesses including, Merck, Novo Nordisk, Allergan and Verizon.
Recent Projects Include:
- Designed the project management processes and governance structure for a Fortune 500 global safety initiative across a spectrum of business functions – Safety, Health & Environment, Manufacturing, Research & Development and Facilities. Provided strategic alignment and execution leadership, team facilitation, effective communications and change management support driving business results across the functions.
- Developed and managed the execution of a comprehensive project and communication plan to educate and engage key stakeholders on the formation of a new regulatory PMO and new Center of Excellence for a Fortune 500 regulatory organizations. Designed the project management processes, from prioritization through execution, and managed the regulatory portfolio for a global divestiture aimed at transferring the business quickly and efficiently.
- Served as the Program Management Lead for a Fortune 500 Finance organization by providing counseling and guidance to project managers within a strategic Finance portfolio, and ensuring the alignment of programs and projects with organizational objectives.
- Developed project management office for a Fortune 500 Company’s medical device division integrating strategy for new product development. Delivered the structure needed to standardize project management practices and facilitate portfolio management, and developed methodologies for repeatable processes to ensure successful medical device launches.
- Managed two merger and acquisition ventures that resulted in first day readiness and uninterrupted, continuous operations for both the business and employee for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Lehigh University
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Trained as a Change Management Leader
In the Community:
As an active contributor in her community, Rachel dedicates a great deal of her free time supporting her local schools and scout organizations. In addition, she actively participates in Susan G. Komen For The Cure® as a race participant, fund raiser and awareness advocate in the battle against breast cancer. Rachel has inspired many young girls to be joyful, healthy and confident by joining the Girls on the Run organization which teaches life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games.
Safety & Environment
Organization, Design and Change Management
Program and Project Management