Sondra Leibner is an experienced organizational development, change management, communications and executive development professional, known for working with companies to breakthrough organization dysfunction and to create high performance teams and organizations. She has more than 20 years experience in organizational consulting.
Prior to joining TayganPoint, Sondra led large transformational projects in global companies, such as Merck, BP, Prudential Financial and Lucent Technologies, resulting in significant breakthroughs in performance for the enterprises. She has designed and delivered large projects involving direct interaction with thousands of employees at all levels. She specializes in building and maintaining high performance teams, executive leadership development, and designing and delivering change management/communications programs. Sondra utilizes coaching and facilitation skills to help clients achieve dramatic improvements in performance by developing and implementing bold, compelling direction and objectives, establishing future-based leadership skills, and creating deep alignment around organizational values, principles and management style.
Recent Projects Include:
- Large Pharmaceutical Company – Developed the strategy roadmap, change management and communication plan related to the implementation and acceptance of the daily use of the solution elements, minimizing business disruption to 2500 pharmaceutical employees. The change management team provided Education, Training and Communication at all levels of the global finance organization and thus enabled the successful adoption of new finance programs. In the first year of new system implementation, the company projected over $100 M in legacy systems fee savings.
- Financial Services Company – Designed and delivered a change program in the Tax organization starting with shifting their mindset from one of “compliance” to one of delivering value to the company, which led to a reduction in their annual tax expenditures in excess of $300 million. Eighteen months into the program, the tax organization needed to downsize their organization by 20%, with negligible effect after three weeks.
- Construction Company to Energy Industry – Facilitated the planning and design phase of building of the largest offshore oilrig in the world. Multiple parties, who had never worked together, completed the project four months early and within budget, a remarkable achievement in that industry.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- An Executive Perspective on Change: Bridging the Gap between Corporate and the Field: Executives who have found themselves in charge of leading change in their organizations have learned that these assignments have the ability to define a career. Leaders who successfully implement these sorts of change initiatives do so by using three not-so-obvious components of engagement and implementation.
- Avoiding Blank Stares: Developing a Strong Change Management Vision: Change leaders need to be able to clearly communicate the need for a project by sharing its value and outcomes in language that will be understood not only by those involved, but by anyone, at any level, across the organization. If you can’t clearly share what the future state of your organization looks and feels like, why would anyone be inclined to follow you?
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.A. in Sociology – Rutgers University
In the Community:
An active contributor to her community, Sondra volunteers her time to Elijah’s Promise in New Brunswick, NJ. Elijah’s Promise’s mission is to harness the power of food to break the cycle of poverty, alleviate hunger, and change lives.
Strategy Development & Execution
Change Management & Communications
Program & Project Management
Leadership Training & Developmen