Co-founder and CEO of TayganPoint Consulting Group, Joy Taylor is an accomplished professional, with over twenty years of cross-functional experience in Lean Sigma, team facilitation, program management, project leadership, and communications and change management. She has a proven ability to manage complex, global programs and initiatives, drive process and productivity improvement efforts and lead change in a fast-paced environment.
Prior to founding TayganPoint Consulting Group, she was part of the Strategic Six Sigma Consulting Practice at IBM (formerly PWC), where she was responsible for developing and implementing large scale Six Sigma deployment and implementation plans for global clients. Prior, she served in various quality leadership roles at General Electric and as a Vice President at Sentient Enterprises Venture Capital.
Recent Projects Include:
- Program Leader for the global finance transformation of a Fortune 100 diversified pharmaceutical company. The multi-year scope included design and implementation of new budgeting, forecasting, close and consolidation, reporting processes, and capabilities.
- Led the global roll out of Business Process Improvement (BPI) for a Fortune 100 diversified financial services company, including: training, coaching, organizational engagement, and strategic alignment. Developed the strategy and roadmap for the BPI to migrate into a self-sustaining, strategic organization with a global shared service environment.
- Program Leader for global budgeting and forecasting system and process for a Fortune 500 energy company. This involved developing a strategy roadmap, service portfolio, and change management plan related to the global roll out during a turbulent acquisition environment . In the end, it was delivered on time, under budget and within scope.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- What Are the Key Drivers of Growth? (Video): At the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, Jim Nixon of Varel International Energy Services, Joy Taylor of TayganPoint Consulting and Herb Engert of EY were interviewed by Dr. Michael “Woody” Woodward on the key drivers of growth.
- Leading and Listening – On Your Way to Expertise: Leadership is certainly not something that could be self-declared, it is a talent. It is instinctual. And it is something that develops over time. Most importantly, it requires introspection and the ability to listen.
- Are Companies Getting it Done Fast… or Right?: There’s a paradox between the time it takes to complete a project and the quality of the final product. When time wins over quality and due diligence, there can be huge consequences.
- Why Change Management Should Be a Top Priority: Darwin said,“It is not the strongest that survives, nor the most intelligent; but rather the one that is most adaptable to change.” On many occasions, we sit and wonder, does anyone else truly understand that change will happen and that change management is a priority?
- Why Active Risk Management Is Essential for Boards of Directors: In today’s fast-paced and social-media driven world, the speed at which a risk can turn into a widely publicized issue means Board members must now provide both tactical and strategic supervision over risk management as part of their membership.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.A. in Communication Studies & Public Speaking – University of Florida
- M.B.A. with a concentration in Marketing & Statistics – University of South Florida
- Executive Leadership Certification – Tuck University
- Sigma Master Black Belt & Black Belt Certifications – General Electric
- EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women of the Year, 2013
- The 50 Fastest Growing Companies, WBENC, 2013
- SmartCEO Magazine Brava! Award Winner, 2014; Selection Committee Member, 2015
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America (2014)
- NJBIZ 50 Fastest Growing Companies 2014
- SmartCEO’s Future 50 Award 2014
- Enterprising Women of the Year Award 2015
Joy is a frequent presenter to audiences at client conferences, professional association meetings, and developmental forums. Her charismatic style is similar to her consulting style, leaving a strong impression to all in attendance.
In the Community:
As an active contributor in her community, Joy dedicates a great deal of free time to not-for-profit organizations. She is a Founding Board Member of YMS Special Stars program serving the athletic needs of children on the autism spectrum, a member of the Forum of Executive Women, and a Member of the Board at St. Mary’s Medical Center.
Strategy Development & Deployment
Merger, Acquisition & Divestiture
Organization Design & Change Management
Program Management & Project Leadership
Not For Profit