Co-founder and CEO of TayganPoint Consulting Group, Joy Taylor is an accomplished professional, with over twenty years of cross-functional experience in Lean Sigma, team facilitation, program management, project leadership, and communications and change management. She has a proven ability to manage complex, global programs and initiatives, drive process and productivity improvement efforts and lead change in a fast-paced environment.
Prior to founding TayganPoint Consulting Group, she was part of the Strategic Six Sigma Consulting Practice at IBM (formerly PWC), where she was responsible for developing and implementing large scale Six Sigma deployment and implementation plans for global clients. Prior, she served in various quality leadership roles at General Electric and as a Vice President at Sentient Enterprises Venture Capital.
Recent Projects Include:
- Program Leader for global supply chain transformation of a Fortune 100 diversified pharmaceutical company. The multi-year scope included design & implementation of a global operating model enabling enterprise wide visibility for Demand, Finance, Supply and Distribution.
- Program Leader for global finance transformation of a Fortune 100 diversified pharmaceutical company. The multi-year scope included design & implementation of new budgeting, forecasting, close and consolidation, reporting processes, and capabilities.
- Led global roll out Business Process Improvement for a Fortune 100 diversified financial services company, including: training, coaching, organizational engagement, & strategic alignment. Developed the strategy/ roadmap for BPI to migrate into a self-sustaining, strategic shared service environment.
- Led process improvements for Global Insurance Leader impacting claims compliance, renewal retention, and customer services resolution on first contact. Measured & assessed defects and root cause of temporary disability claims, driving down penalties and fees.
- Program Leader for global budgeting, forecasting, & risk system for a Fortune 500 energy company. This involved developing a strategy roadmap, service portfolio, & change management plan related to the roll out during a turbulent acquisition environment. Delivered on time, under budget and within scope.
- Program leader for a Fortune 500 global consumer electronics company resulting in an advanced customer engagement model. Program included change management, communications, program leadership, executive engagement, metric reward & recognition rollout and new business analytics.
Recent Published Articles Include:
- What Are the Key Drivers of Growth? (Video): At the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, Jim Nixon of Varel International Energy Services, Joy Taylor of TayganPoint Consulting and Herb Engert of EY were interviewed by Dr. Michael “Woody” Woodward on the key drivers of growth.
- Leading and Listening – On Your Way to Expertise: Leadership is certainly not something that could be self-declared, it is a talent. It is instinctual. And it is something that develops over time. Most importantly, it requires introspection and the ability to listen.
- Are Companies Getting it Done Fast… or Right?: There’s a paradox between the time it takes to complete a project and the quality of the final product. When time wins over quality and due diligence, there can be huge consequences.
- Why Change Management Should Be a Top Priority: Darwin said,“It is not the strongest that survives, nor the most intelligent; but rather the one that is most adaptable to change.” On many occasions, we sit and wonder, does anyone else truly understand that change will happen and that change management is a priority?
- Why Active Risk Management Is Essential for Boards of Directors: In today’s fast-paced and social-media driven world, the speed at which a risk can turn into a widely publicized issue means Board members must now provide both tactical and strategic supervision over risk management as part of their membership.
Education, Certifications, Thought Leadership & Awards:
- B.A. in Communication Studies & Public Speaking – University of Florida
- M.B.A. with a concentration in Marketing & Statistics – University of South Florida
- Executive Leadership Certification – Tuck University
- Sigma Master Black Belt & Black Belt Certifications – General Electric
- EY’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women of the Year (2013)
- The 50 Fastest Growing Companies (WBENC, 2013)
- SmartCEO Magazine’s Brava! Award (2014)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America (2014)
- Enterprising Women of the Year (2015)
- Leading Women Entrepreneur (2015)
In the Community:
As an active contributor in her community, Joy dedicates free time to not for profit organizations via pro bono consulting services. She is the founding board member of the YMS Special Stars program serving the athletic needs of children on the autism spectrum, serves on board of St. Mary’s Hospital in Langhorne, PA, is an adjunct professor at Cairn University and is a member of the Forum of Executive Women.
Strategy Development & Deployment
Merger, Acquisition & Divestiture
Organization Design & Change Management
Program Management & Project Leadership
Not For Profit